In joining AFC Burnden Park, players and parents agree to our code of conduct
AFC Burnden Park is run by volunteers who donate their time and services to the club for free. Without their input we would not be able to run this grassroots football club.
As well as teaching good football we want our boys to be well-rounded citizens and role models both on and off the pitch. It is important that parents/carers/ spectators set an example and follow the code of conduct below both at training and matches
- Respect the coaches and volunteers of the club and speak to them in an appropriate manner
- Remain outside the field of play and behind the Designated Spectator Area (where provided)
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour
- Always respect the match officials’ decisions
- Applaud effort and good play as well as success
- In addition, when attending youth games we expect:
- Remember that children play for FUN
- Let the coaches do their job and not confuse the players by telling them what to do
- Encourage the players to respect the opposition and match officials
- Never criticise a player for making a mistake -mistakes are part of learning
If you breach the above it may result in action being taken by AFC Burnden Park
The coaches are willing to discuss any concerns you may have and would appreciate it if you raise these at an appropriate time and manner with your child’s coach
Can we also take this opportunity to remind you that it is imperative that you answer coaches’ texts in regards to match fixtures. If you are having travel difficulties we will do our best to help with transport but cannot always guarantee.
Please contact your child’s coach in adequate time if you require assistance.